Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Hobbyist


The Hobbyist:

Gun over my shoulder

Relentless, avid, precise

Following every mark you make

Down to the tiniest break in oceanic sweeps of snow

Freezing

Your exquisitely rare pelt will make an exceptional rug

They all will finally see who--

Or perhaps you will be flung over my shoulders

Crowning me with your totemic, beastly glory

I promise I will use every beautiful part of you

Nothing will be lost

Even my taxidermist will exclaim over the astonishing beauty of your lifelike eyes

Your precious, pure white fur will warm me

All through the winter and far into the spring

Should you elude me

I have but to wait for the summer

Where naturally I will

Assume my other ego

That of the lepidopterist

Carefully stalking your antithesis

With the frailest of nets

No comments:

Post a Comment