Wednesday, November 10, 2010

....and the single girl


Scandal of the week:

As faithful viewers most likely know, after I left staff housing, I was housing sitting for my boss, who was in Europe ---haaaatttteeee her :) ---- and then right from there I moved to the swingin' bachelor pad I currently call home.

So the timeline was such that my boss left on the 16th of September, Ryan left for Goa on the 23th. So, he's been gone for almost a month. That fact is critical to know for the rest of the story.

So, the apartment stayed empty and locked for about 10 days or so, until I moved in Oct 8 with a duffel bag of shoes and some "ginro" gin. Anyway. my boss saunters back to the states the next day, and give me a jingle at 3AM, since she's locked herself out of her place and I have the extra keys (naturally). So after a confused few moments, I get the sitch and tell her to come by. She asks "Are you at Ryan's?"
For the sake of expediency, and since it's technically true, I say "yeah". She zips over in a trike and gets the keys, and takes off.

The next day I roll in to work and am standing there chatting with Randy and Anne (my boss) and I am telling a story about my payroll|: "Manager On Duty Ryan [a different Ryan] helped me" I say. This clearly tips some row of dominoes in Anne's mind and she perks up a bit. "Has Ryan [she means my friend] left yet?" she asks.

I feel a tad faint. What she's getting at is: IS RYAN STILL IN THE APARTMENT THAT YOU'RE CURRENTLY LIVING IN? In other words: HOW'S YOUR LIVE IN BOYFRIEND/ WHATEVER?

Yeah, you know me. Meet a guy, move in with him 6 weeks later, ain't no thang.

Good lord. I quickly disabused her of that notion.
"He left a month ago!!" I stammer, looking for all the world like I just left him lounging in his scanties on the bed.
But to her eternal credit, she never turned an eyelash. I imagine she's seen it all. But dear heaven. I love Ryan, and I miss him terribly, but...a girl needs her freedom, yeah? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment